As an orthodontist, I think I have the best job in the world. I am able to see the wonderful ways a smile can transform peoples’ lives while improving their health and function at the same time. The transformations made during the course of treatment are rewarding to both the patient and myself! I also love to teach and am a clinical assistant professor at the University of Southern California Department of Orthodontics, and I lecture for the Naval dental program every year.
I attended Florida State University, where I majored in nutrition and food science. I received my Doctorate of Dental Surgery at the University of Southern California. My education continued at USC for my Master of Science in craniofacial biology and my orthodontic certificate. The following are some educational awards:
- OKU Honorary Dental Society (top 10%)
- Garrett Newkirk Memorial Award: “For outstanding academic achievement in the four-year doctoral program and in recognition of potential for professional leadership”
- Behavioral Dentistry Award: “For demonstrating outstanding humanistic qualities in the treatment of patients”
My team and I always strive to stay ahead of advances in orthodontic treatment, to provide the best possible care for our patients. I attend advanced Invisalign training courses to keep up on the latest technological advances in treatment and am a member of the Edward H. Angle Society, where I’ve attended extensive lectures on diagnosis and treatment planning.
- Edward H. Angle Society of Orthodontists
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Charles H. Tweed Foundation for Orthodontic Research
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- San Diego County Dental Society
In the Community
Giving back to the community where I live and work is very important to me. I actively support the Thousand Smiles Foundation, the Boy Scouts of America, the Santee Chamber of Commerce, all local sports teams, and the East County Chamber of Commerce.
Outside the Office
I met my beautiful wife Kelly while completing my residency at USC. We have two sons, Alec and Carson, who someday may follow in my footsteps and join me in my orthodontic practice. When I have free time, I enjoy being with my family, especially in the outdoors. We take part in numerous activities, including skiing, hockey, geocaching, fishing, and golfing. I’m also an avid Pittsburgh Penguins and Steelers fan! I love to golf, did I mention golfing?